Due to the need for outdoor off-road forklifts to work in the field, the working environment is relatively harsh, and there is a lot of dust in the air. The standard air filter when leaving the factory is generally a composite two-stage air filter.
The composite two-stage air filter is an air filter that combines the centrifugal and filter types, which can improve the filtration efficiency and ash storage capacity, and the common two-stage air filter. The structure of the composite two-stage air filter is as follows:
Coarse filter: Use the high-speed rotating motion generated by the air flow to separate the particles with large mass under the action of centrifugal force, collect them in the ash tray or discharge them through the dust discharge valve, and reduce the load on the main filter element. There are many types of strainers, such as basin, single cylinder, cone, blade ring, tangential inlet, swirl tube, etc.
Main filter element: Use the filter element material to filter the fine particles in the air to improve the purity of the air. The main filter element has a variety of materials, such as paper, fiber, polyurethane, etc.
The advantages of the composite two-stage air filter are:
High filtration efficiency, can intercept 1~10μm particles.
The ash storage capacity is strong, which can prolong the service life of the filter element.
Compact structure, small footprint.
Strong adaptability, can adapt to a variety of working environments and construction machinery.
How to maintain the compound dual-stage air filter of off-road forklift?
The composite double-stage air filter is an air filter that combines the two principles of centrifugal and filter. It consists of two parts: a coarse filter and a main filter element. The coarse filter uses centrifugal force or inertial force to remove large particles in the air. Part of the dust and impurities are separated, and the main filter uses paper or non-woven materials to further filter the air. The maintenance method of the composite two-stage air filter is as follows:
- Regularly check and clean the parts of the coarse filter, such as the dust cover, deflector, dust outlet, dust cup, etc., remove the dust attached to it, and pour out the dust in the dust cup.
- Regularly check and clean or replace the main filter element. When cleaning, you can use compressed air to blow it from the inside to the outside. When replacing, pay attention to the integrity of the sealing gasket.
- Do not wash the paper filter element with water or oil, otherwise it will damage the filter element or increase the air intake resistance.
- Do not add oil to the dust cup or pan, otherwise it will affect the dust removal effect or cause oil to be sucked into the cylinder.
- When installing, ensure the sealing of each joint part to prevent air short circuit or air leakage.
I hope it will be helpful to you. To learn more about the use of all-terrain outdoor forklifts, please click here.